Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My New Romance with Instagram


There are so many social media sites to be involved with my head is dizzy. Should I choose one and be loyal to that tribe or should I use them all? I must admit I've grown very fond of Instagram. Don't get me wrong I love my Facebook, Twitter & the usual microblog suspects. However, I find myself drawn to the quick ability to share a picture, which evokes a mood. The old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words rings true for me.

I love photography and I love sharing life events but there are some days I really don't feel like saying much. My blog requires at least 250 words and Facebook requires at least a small story and Twitter 140 characters and some days they require a back and forth dialogue and let’s not forget to mention the obligatory cute or catchy hashtags. The photos I post on my Instagram  account usually say it all. It is quick and complete. I can choose to dialogue or hashtag if I feel like it.

I also like the easy use filters that can change the effects of the photos. It’s like a drive-by announcement. I really enjoy how I can post on Instagram and then it can be shared on the other sites simultaneously linking all my social media sites. Instagram just feels young and fresh.

So imagine my surprise that in total, Instagram has over 200million users, just behind Twitter, with younger users driving uptake. Perhaps because I am young at heart I favor it!

No comments:

Post a Comment